Tuesday 14 January 2014

DIY Lace Sock Cuffs

You guys are ahhhh-mazing! Thank you for all the kind words on my last video! I'm really glad that so many people have found it helpful. And thanks for the support - I reached 100 youtube subscribers only one day after creating my first video, which has blown me away. So, to thank you all, I made another one:
I also wanted to do a sewing tutorial on something a little simpler - while making a dress is fantastic, it's also pretty hard to do, especially if you're not too experienced with a sewing machine. And I know that not everyone out there is an experienced sewer - so hopefully this video leaves less people out (though you still will need to have access to a sewing machine, unfortunately!) 
Lace cuffs take about 10 minutes to make, can be made subtler (using thinner lace) or more over-the-top (by using larger, more extravagant or even colourful pieces of lace), and are a great way to subtly add some cuteness to your outfit.
Sew simple, right? I hope that you're all having a great day! And "thumbs up" the video/subscribe if you want to see more!







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This is utterly cute *.*
    You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and easy! I would have never thought of doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! i love it! :)
    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s a great idea!
    I´ll do that soon :D

    lolitagoesbad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! My mom (or was it my grandma?) showed me how to just sew on lace to my socks when I was little, but I really like this way, you can mix and match... and you only really need one pair. Great easy DIY. Can't wait to see more :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am adoring your your videos! As soon as this semester is done with, I'll have to practice my sewing abilities. By the way, Annika, has your university path always been smooth? I'm on my first semester ever, and even though I'm studying one of the things I love the most (biology), sometimes I get terribly tired/anxious/unmotivated and URGH Please tell me I'm not the only one?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your diy videos*, sorry!

      Delete
    2. Aw yay, I'm so happy that you're starting to study biology :) you'll have so much fun! But I'll let you in on a secret - I have such bad anxiety about university that in my entire first year, I did not sleep before ANY of my exams, and many of my lab sessions :P I also only study 3/4-time at the moment, half of the reason for which is to help deal with anxiety. Buuut, even with all the stress, I also love uni and studying something like science so much, that I couldn't care less if my degree takes me an extra year (or two!) But it has definitely not been a smooth path thus far - and who cares if it is or isn't! You do university entirely for yourself, and if you need to go slower/less smoothly to get the most out of it, then who cares? :)

      Delete
  7. thank you for this tutorial! cute socks rule! <3

    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. DIYs & tutorials are always the best. Thank you for sharing. :]
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your generous use of your time. Your tutorials are great and give me hope that I will actualize my own dreams of expression and stepping away from the nastiness of the garment industry. Mad respect.-Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable!
    I was just wondering where do you buy your fabrics and lace materials. Everything you make is so utterly cute ;)
    Thanks so much for these diys - they really make my day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D I am so happy that you are enjoying my DIYs, that makes me want to make more!

      Actually, most of the stuff I have is hand-me-downs. All the lace and elastic that I own were given to me by my grandma (she had a LOT, so I'm putting it to good use).
      I also shop for fabric and bits and pieces in Marrickville in Sydney :) (because it's much cheaper/better quality than places like spotlight).

      Delete
  12. Watched your video about three times thinking I missed a step since it seemed so simple. Making cuffs in every colour lace trim I can find.♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails